ARISE – Abortion Recovery In Study & Encouragement: offering healing and hope through support groups, Bible studies, and one on one support for those living in the aftermath of abortion. ARISE is a ministry of Choices Pregnancy Resource Center
Depression & Bipolar Support Alliance
Brochures and Other Publications:
Mood Disorders: Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Trials: Information and Options for People With Mood Disorders (PDF Version)
- Coping with Mood Changes Later in Life (PDF Version)
- Coping with Unexpected Events: Depression and Trauma (PDF Version)
- DBSA Support Groups: An Important Step on the Road to Wellness (PDF Version)
- Dealing Effectively with Depression and Manic-Depression (PDF Version)
- Dual Diagnosis and Recovery also en español (PDF Version)
- Finding a Mental Health Professional (PDF Version)
- Finding Peace of Mind: Treatment Strategies for Bipolar Disorder (PDF Version)
- Finding Peace of Mind: Treatment Strategies for Depression (PDF Version)
- Generic and Brand Name Drugs: Understanding the Basics (PDF)
- Getting Better Sleep: What You Need to Know (PDF Version)
- Guide to Depression and Bipolar Disorder (PDF Version)
- Healthy Lifestyles: Improving and Maintaining the Quality of Your Life (PDF Version)
- Introduction to Depression and Bipolar Disorder (PDF Version)
- Kindness as a Way to Wellness (PDF)
- Mood Disorders and Different Kinds of Depression (PDF)
- Myths and Facts about Depression and Bipolar Disorder (PDF)
- Next Steps: Getting the Treatment You Need to Reach Recovery (PDF)
- Personal Calendar (PDF)
- Psychotherapy: How it Works and How It Can Help (PDF Version)
- Saying No to Negative Thinking (PDF Version)
- Suicide Prevention and Mood Disorders (PDF Version)
- Suicide Prevention Card (PDF)
- Treatment Challenges: Finding Your Way to Wellness (PDF Version)
- Treatment Technologies for Mood Disorders (PDF)
- Understanding Agitation (PDF)
- Understanding Hospitalization for Mental Health (PDF Version)
- Wellness at Work (PDF Version)
- What You Need to Know about Dietary Supplements (PDF Version)
- Working Toward Wellness (PDF)
- You’ve Just Been Diagnosed…What Now? (PDF Version)
- Men and Depression (PDF Version)
- Taking Care of Both of You: Understanding Mood Changes After the Birth of Your Baby(PDF Version)
- Bipolar Disorder: Rapid Cycling and its Treatment (PDF Version)
- Bipolar Disorder: Stories of Coping and Courage (PDF Version)
For Children & Young Adults
- Is It Just a Mood…or Something Else? Mood Disorders for Young People (PDF Version)
- The Storm in My Brain: Kids and Mood Disorders (PDF Version)
For Family & Friends
- Family and Friends’ Guide to Recovery from Depression and Bipolar Disorder (PDF)
- Getting Started (PDF)
- Helping a Friend or Family Member with a Mood Disorder (PDF)
- Psychiatric Hospitalization: A Guide for Families (PDF Version)
- What Helps and What Hurts: When Someone You Care about Has Depression or Bipolar Disorder (PDF)
- What Helps and What Hurts: Supporting Young Adults (PDF)
Agape Youth Behavioral Health:
Chattanooga, TN 423-443-3336 All ages, child through teens. Typical wait list a couple of months.
Amen Clinics concentrate on brain health and have a holistic view of the brain’s impact on the rest of the body’s health. Amen Clinics diagnose and treat Emotional issues such as anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder. Behavioral challenges like addictions, weight control, or anger-management issues. Cognitive problems such as memory issues, Alzheimer’s Disease, and dementia. Learning challenges like Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), also called Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Atlanta, GA and 7 other locations across the country.
Anna Shaw Children’s Institute
Anna Shaw Children’s Institute will provide evaluation, diagnosis, and ongoing care for children from birth to 11 with developmental delays and the behavior associated with those delays. Caring for children with: Attention disorders, Autism spectrum disorders, Behavioral issues due to developmental delays, Behavioral and developmental challenges due to pediatric chronic illnesses (genetic disorders, epilepsy, prematurity, diabetes, asthma, cancer), Developmental delays in speech, language and thinking ability, Habit disorders, Learning disorders, Motor skill delays related to other conditions, Regulatory disorders, Visual and hearing impairments
Chattanooga Autism Center:
The Chattanooga Autism Center provides outpatient psychological services to people with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). These services include Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapy, and diagnostic assessment and testing for autism and related mental health conditions.
Fresh Hope for Mental Health:
National services based in Omaha, NE
Online and in person support groups and coaching, training.
Georgia Pediatric Psychology:
GPP offers psychological assessments, treatment, and consultation/liaison services.
personalized counseling services for children, adults, and families at risk. Multiple locations.
Henegar/CBI Counseling and Assessment Center:
Marcus Autism Center
Mental Health Cooperative:
offers community-based care management, counseling services, and psychiatric services.
NAMI Chattanooga – National Alliance on Mental Illness:
NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness.
National Memorial for the Unborn
Millions of families experience an unresolved and often undefined grief, associated with the loss of a child to abortion. This pain often increases with time and life changes. In trying to resolve their grief, some have received support of families, friends, places of worship, and through post-abortion counseling services. Most carry the secret in silence. To place a marker for a child lost to abortion or to miscarriage, visit the National Memorial for the Unborn.
Scarab Behavioral Health Services, LLC
Offices in Nashville and Knoxville, TN with some services in Chattanooga area.
Scarab Behavior Analysts have training in fields of behavioral analysis, special education, clinical pathology or marriage and family therapy. BCBAs or eligible for Board Certification. Adolescent psycho-sexual in-home specialists are master level professionals with at least two years experience of working with sexually offending/sexually reactive populations and/or are approved providers with TN Sex Offender Treatment Board. Goal is to equip families with specific knowledge, expertise, and methodologies which will assist their children in reaching a successful outcome.
Vitalis Behavioral Health:
Ft. Oglethorpe, GA
Vitalis is a new outpatient facility located in Fort Oglethorpe, serving NW Georgia and the metro Chattanooga area. Specializing in diagnosis, treatment, and medication management for child, adolescent, and adult mental and physical health needs including ADHD, Autism, Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Learning Disabilities, Addiction, and many others. We are currently accepting most insurance plans and have private pay options.