Free trusted resources for objective information on assistive technology and rehabilitation equipment from both domestic and international sources. Offering the most comprehensive listing of assistive technology products available, AbleData provides information n products, manufacturers, distributors, organizations, and research abstracts.
Area Agency on Aging & Disability
The goal of Southeast Tennessee Area Agency on Aging and Disability is to advocate for and to strive to achieve a system of services that allows older persons and persons with disabilities the opportunity for an independent and productive lifespan. This is accomplished through three primary areas of emphasis: Advocacy, Service, and Planning. Helpline, Home Delivered Meals, Homemaker Services, CHOICES Program to prevent institutionalization. Serving BLEDSOE, BRADLEY, GRUNDY, HAMILTON, MARION, McMINN, MEIGS, POLK, RHEA, and SEQUATCHIE Counties.
Caring Hearts of Dunlap
Adult Day Care & Home Services
In-Home Care Services & Programs – Focusing on quality service and personalized care, Caring Hearts of Dunlap provides a wide range of short-term and long-term in-home care services. Plans are tailored to suit your needs and can be altered at any time. From companion care a few hours a day to round the clock care with meal preparation and household chore services, we are here to make life simpler and more enjoyable. Counties: Bledsoe, Hamilton, Rhea, Marion, Grundy, Sequatchie
Elder Law Practice of David L. McGuffey
Address: 105 North Pentz Street|Dalton|GA|30720|US Phone Number:: (706) 428-0888
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Services Provided: David L. McGuffey is in private practice with the Elder Law Practice of David L. McGuffey, LLC, located in Dalton, Georgia. David limits his practice to Elder Law. This means he helps individuals who are elders or who have special needs, as well as their caregivers. Much of David’s practice is devoted to helping individuals with chronic health conditions find, get and pay for good long-term care.
David is a member of the Special Needs Alliance, a group of attorneys dedicated to the practice of disability and public benefits law. Practice Areas Include:
– Medicaid Planning. Get assistance with Medicaid eligibility and with the Medicaid application process.
– Family Wealth Planning. Family wealth planning doesn’t just happen. The Elder law Practice can help you put together an estate plan that protects your loved ones and those they care about.
– Special needs protection. Protect disabled loved ones and get informed advice on these important estate planning issues.
– Guardianships/Conservatorships. Getting court assistance in making decisions for and caring for loved ones who cannot care for themselves.
– Wills. Prepare a Will or other document to outline your wishes regarding where your property goes after you pass away.
– Trust preparation and administration. Create a Trust customized to address all of your family’s unique needs, take into account the Medicaid trust rules and receive guidance when a family member passes away.
– Estate planning. Receive consultation and planning to ensure that your estate is distributed according to your wishes.
– Asset protection. Receive guidance on protecting your legacy.
– Retirement planning. Working in consultation with your financial advisor, we can help you ensure that your tax-deferred accounts are properly structured to give your family the greatest tax advantages possible.
– Probate assistance. Get the assistance you need when someone with or without a will passes away.
Erlanger Health Law Partnership: provides legal assistance to low-income patients at Erlanger
Family Support – Contact: Kristi Tankersley
Located at the Orange Grove Centers Chattanooga, TN 37403 Phone: 423-622-0500
Provides funding for specific health/disability related needs, respite care, specialized programs or equipment. Also home and vehicle modifications. Child/Adult must be affected in 3 or more areas of activities of daily living. Be prepared to document all diagnoses and keep on top of the process in order to get this service. There are caps and limits not generally publicized. You can find them here.
Medicare – State Health Insurance Assistance Program
Medicalert: medical information database that provides first responders with the member’s health records.
Mobility Works (Was HDS Vans & Mobility -formerly Handicapped Driver Services)
1325 Mackey Branch Drive, Chattanooga, TN (Other locations in Marietta, Nashville, Jacksonville, Birmingham)
HDSVANS & Mobility – Handicapped Driver Services is a specialized team of adaptive equipment professionals. Our compassionate and committed workforce is dedicated to providing increased vehicular mobility and independence to individuals not fully served by the traditional automotive market. Our team provides innovative solutions and superior mobility products to assist each client in obtaining the highest quality of life possible.
Orange Grove Center: 615 Derby Street, Chattanooga, TN 37404 Phone: 423-629-1451 Adult comprehensive training, children’s services, development office, employment supports, habilitation center, health care services, human resources, intermediate care residential, nutrition services, recycling center, residential services, outpatient speech, occupational, and physical therapy.
Pierce Attorney at Law
Contact: Martin Pierce 4513 Hixson Pike, Suite 109 Hixson, TN 37343 423-698-4303
– Trusts: Insurance Trusts (ILITs), Revocable (Living) Trusts,and Asset Protection Trusts
– Advance Directives (Powers of Attorney and Health Care Directives)
– Irrevocable Trusts
– Asset Protection Planning
– Family Business Planning and Multi-Generational Planning
– Business and Succession Planning
– Beneficiary Designations
– Gifting Programs
– Charitable Planning
– Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
– Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs) & FLLCs
– Related Real Estate matters
– Medicaid Planning
– VA Planning
– Special & Supplemental Needs Trusts (SNTs), Qualified Income Trusts (QITs) & Miller Trusts
– Incapacity Planning
– Long-term Care Planning
– Related Real Estate matters
Estate & Trust Administration/Probate:
– Decedents’ Estates, Fiduciary Law, Administration of, Funding of , Distributions from, and Taxation of Estates and Trusts
Wills, Trusts, Elder Law, Conservatorships, Guardianships, Planned Giving, Asset Protection, Wealth Preservation, COBRA, Financial Planning and related Law Practice, Business, Tax, and Related Services.
Preferred Care at Home: provides caregivers who are able to help with tasks such as meal preparation, transportation, and hygiene.
Social Security Administration
1290 Premier Drive, Chattanooga, TN 37421 Phone: 1-800-772-1213 Apply for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and/or Tenn-Care Medical Coverage
Tennessee Area Agency on Aging & Disability
The Southeast Tennessee Area Agency on Aging and Disability The Information and Assistance Program is available to assist callers with locating resources and services in the following counties:
The goal of Southeast Tennessee Area Agency on Aging and Disability is to advocate for and to strive to achieve a system of services that allows older persons and persons with disabilities the opportunity for an independent and productive lifespan. This is accomplished through three primary areas of emphasis: Advocacy, Service, and Planning.
Vanderbilt Kennedy Center IDD Toolkit: website that provides information for the primary care of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities
Volunteers in Medicine, Chattanooga, Inc. (VIM Chattanooga)
is a primary care medical clinic. It provides medical services to financially eligible individuals and families of Hamilton County who otherwise have no access to health care.
Mailing Address: VIM Chattanooga P.O. Box 81057 Chattanooga, TN 37414 Physical Address: VIM Chattanooga 5705 Marlin Road Chattanooga, TN 37411 Phone: (423) 855-8220